8 days | From £599 | Self-Guided, for 2 or more persons travelling together
- See the legendary Lorelei rock formation
- Walk along the Rhine through romantic countryside
- Visit dramatic castles and rural wine cellars
The 'Rheinsteig' is a fully way-marked trail following the course of the River Rhine upstream, through romantic countryside, famous for its castles, vineyards, culture, history, nature and landscapes. We've selected the best section, which follows the Rhine from the charming city of Koblenz to Rudesheim through an ever-changing landscape.
Dramatic castles perched high above the Rhine are frequent along the route. You also pass the world famous Lorelei, a dramatic rock formation where legend has it a siren would lure sailors to their doom. During the walking day, you can enjoy stops at various inns and rural wine cellars. Then spend your evenings in a wide variety of quality restaurants to sample the culinary delights the region is justifiably famous for.
See below for a map of the trip:
*map may not be to scale
- Day 1
- Depart UK. Arrive Frankfurt. Train to Koblenz.
- Day 2
- Walk from Koblenz to Braubach.
- Day 3
- Walk to Kamp-Bornhofen through scenic valleys and villages.
- Day 4
- To St.Goarshausen on foot and view lots of castles and picturesque hills.
- Day 5
- Walk through Heide to reach Kaub. See Lorelei rock formation on route.
- Day 6
- Walk to Lorch via vineyards and valleys.
- Day 7
- Walk to Rudesheim; optional cable-car.
- Day 8
- Depart Rudesheim. Fly from Frankfurt. Arrive UK.
FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TRIP DOSSIER
- Trip Grade: B - Moderate
- Duration: 8 days
- Trip Code: TRHE
- Max Altitude: Low (under 1,000m)
- Accomodation: Hotel x 7 nts
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included
- Departs: March until November
- overseas joining point: Koblenz
- important : Make sure your chosen holiday is guaranteed to run before you purchase your air tickets and make any other travel arrangements