8 days | From £699 | Self-Guided, for two or more people travelling together
- Walking through timeless, rural Andalucia
- Explore the white-washed villages of the Alpujarras
- Visit magical Granada
- Visit Spain's highest village
The foothills of the Sierra Nevada afford delightful walking opportunities through open countryside, woodlands, colourful fruit orchards and distinctive mountain villages with their iconic white-washed stone houses. The famous GR7 trail winds its way through this landscape along the flanks of Europe's second highest mountain range.
Here, life remains at an enviably slow pace beneath the impressive back-drop of the high Sierras. See the snow-fed mountain streams bubble, almond trees blossom and overhead the mighty golden eagle and griffon vulture soar.
The bustling 'costas' of the Med' feel like a million miles away as you walk through this timeless region of rural Andalucia with its appealing climate.
See below for a map of the trip:
*map may not be to scale
- Day 1
- Depart UK. Arrive Granada. Transfer to Lanjaron.
- Day 2
- Your first day on the GR7; traverse lower slopes of the Sierra Nevada to Orgiva.
- Day 3
- Steady ascent from Soportujar and along the GR7, with a detour to Capileira.
- Day 4
- Continue along the GR7; walk into rural Andalucia and the village of Busquistar.
- Day 5
- Walk through pine woods and moorlands to reach Trevelez, the highest village in Spain.
- Day 6
- Mostly downhill; experience Alpujarran life on your final day on the GR7.
- Day 7
- Transfer to magical Granada where you are now free to explore at your leisure.
- Day 8
- Depart Granada. Arrive UK.
FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TRIP DOSSIER
- Trip Grade: B - Moderate
- Duration: 8 days
- Trip Code: TSNF
- Max altitude: 1,600m
- Accommodation: Hotels x 7 nts
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included
- Departs: February until June, September until November
- OVERSEAS JOINING POINT : Lanjaron
- IMPORTANT : Make sure your chosen holiday is guaranteed to run before you purchase your air tickets and make any other travel arrangements