8 days | From £729 | Self-Guided, for two or more people travelling together
- Walking through timeless, rural Andalucia
- Explore the white-washed villages of the Alpujarras
- Visit magical Granada
- Visit Spain's highest village
The foothills of the Sierra Nevada afford delightful walking opportunities through open countryside, woodlands, colourful fruit orchards and distinctive mountain villages with their iconic white-washed stone houses. The famous GR7 trail winds its way through this landscape along the flanks of Europe's second highest mountain range.
Here, life remains at an enviably slow pace beneath the impressive back-drop of the high Sierras. See the snow-fed mountain streams bubble, almond trees blossom and overhead the mighty golden eagle and griffon vulture soar.
The bustling 'costas' of the Med' feel like a million miles away as you walk through this timeless region of rural Andalucia with its appealing climate.
- Day 1. Arrive Lanjaron
- Depart UK. Arrive Granada. Transfer to Lanjaron.
- Day 2. On the GR7 to Soportujar, transfer to nr. Orgiva
- Time to begin your journey along the GR7. The route ascends and descends as it traverses the mountain sides as you make your way to the small village of Soportujar.
- Day 3. Transfer to Soportujar, walk to Capileira
- Today you'll pass many isolated buildings to then reach the colourful village of Pampaneira, selling local weavings and other handcrafts, where you leave the GR7 to ascend to Capileira.
- Day 4. Along the GR7 and Camino Medieval to Busquistar
- This route takes you through varied countryside and terrain and includes some of the seven villages and hamlets known as 'La Taha Pitres'. The second half of the walk links up the hamlets of Atalbeitar and Ferreirola followed by a final stretch through woods, orchards and then open, rocky ground before you reach Busquistar, a pretty village set on the steep slopes above the Rio Trevelez
- Day 5. Through pine woods and moorland to Trevelez
- Walk through pine woods and moorlands to reach Trevelez, the highest village in Spain.
- Day 6. Downhill to Cadiar
- Crossing open, rural countryside you initially walk along the opposite side of the valley you walked yesterday. Winding your way past traditional hamlets affords an insight into Alpujarran life as you head down to the delightful country estate of Alqueria de Morayma, close to the village of C?ar.
- Day 7. Transfer to Granada
- Transfer to magical Granada where you are now free to explore at your leisure.
- Day 8. Depart Granada
- Depart Granada. Arrive UK.
FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TRIP DOSSIER
- Trip Grade: B - Moderate
- Duration: 8 days
- Trip Code: TSNF
- Max altitude: 1,600m
- Accommodation: Hotels x 7 nts
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included
- Departs: February until June, September until November
- OVERSEAS JOINING POINT : Lanjaron
- IMPORTANT : Make sure your chosen holiday is guaranteed to run before you purchase your air tickets and make any other travel arrangements