8 days | From £714 | Self-guided departures
- 300 days of sunshine a year
- Explore historic Dubrovnik
- Island walks and Konavle countryside
- Walks along beaches, hills and vineyards on the beautiful island of Korcula
The beautiful, romantic island of Korcula lays its claim to being the birthplace of the explorer Marco Polo. Hotly disputed by the Venetians, this jewel of an island in the Adriatic with lovely coves, beaches, cliffs, forested hills, traditional villages, olive groves and vineyards is certainly worthy of exploration in its own right.
Next you'll visit medieval Dubrovnik, the "pearl of the Adriatic" and the iconic coastal city of Dalmatia, before a spot of island hopping takes you over to the Elaphiti island of Sipan.
Cultured and relaxed, the waterfront community of Cavtat then provides the perfect base to explore the delights of the Konavle countryside with the option of time on the beach too. Enjoy pleasant, sunshine walking by the beautiful Adriatic.
- Day 1. Arrive Dubrovnik
- Depart UK and arrive Dubrovnik International Airport. Transfer to the island of Korcula.
- Day 2. Circuit walk through pine woods and olive groves to Korcula town
- Walk to the village of Javic and follow a quiet road that passes fields, cultivated olive groves and vineyards before reaching the outskirts of Korcula town. Here you descend to the Bay of Us and follow a path past the marina to Korcula. Explore Korcula and retrace your outbound route to Lumbarda.
- Day 3. More Korcula exploration with open views to Lastove island
- Follow backroads through vineyards to the large sandy beach at Przina. Walking across the beach you continue through fields and forests to reach Cape Raznic, a great place for a picnic and a swim. Returning to Lumbarda you follow a footpath along the coastline of Lumbarda bay.
- Day 4. Free morning, afternoon transfer to historic Dubrovnik for city tour
- The morning is free to relax and enjoy Lumbarda. In the afternoon you will transfer to the historic city of Dubrovnik and enjoy a walking sightseeing tour of Dubrovnik.
- Day 5. Explore picturesque churches, forts and beaches on a walk around Sipan Island
- Take the ferry to Sipan arriving at Sujuradj. Head up and out of the village to the highest pint of Sipan Island, Velji Vrh, for fine views over the island and the Peljesac peninsula. Head down to the port of Sipanska Luka and follow the coastal path back to Sujuradj. Along the way see ancient churches and Roman ruins. Return to Dubrovnik by ferry.
- Day 6. Drive to Cavtat, walk in the Konavle countryside
- Transfer to the charming port of Cavtat and explore the Konavle countryside. Visit the villages of Pendovo Sedlo and Cilipi, with an option to detour to Zagon Bay. Arrive in Cilipi, a well-known regional village noted for its beautiful folk costumes and dancing. Return to Cavtat.
- Day 7. Explore Cavtat old town or relax on the beach
- Take an optional short and easy walk of the Cavtat peninsula, relax by the sea or explore Cavtat a little more.
- Day 8. Depart Dubrovnik
- Transfer to Dubrovnik International Airport for your departure flight back to the UK.
FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TRIP DOSSIER
- Trip Grade: B - Moderate
- Duration: 8 days
- Trip Code: TCRO
- Max altitude: 700m
- Accommodation: Pensions x 7 nts
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included
- Departs: April, May, June, September, October
- Overseas Joining Point: Dubrovnik
- Important: Make sure your chosen holiday is guaranteed to run before you purchase your air tickets and make any other travel arrangements