8 days | From £989 | Guided group departures
- Discover the Elaphati Islands
- Explore historic Dubrovnik
- Island walks and beaches
- Walks though national parks, along coastal paths to beautiful beaches
- Discover 14th century monasteries, island churches and quaint villages
Enjoy sunshine walking by the beautiful Adriatic, visiting the islands of the Dalmatia archipelago. You will be based in medieval Dubrovnik, the iconic coastal city known as the Pearl of the Adriatic. Each day your guided walk will take you around the Dalmatia coastline for a spot of island hopping and exploration of the Elaphite islands.
Each island has its own unique charm, rustic culture and varied landscapes. Visit the charming port of Cavtat and walk along the beach promenade to the peninsular. Take the boat across to Kolocep and walk through the shady olive groves, orchards and forests to hidden coves. Explore the traffic free island of Lopud with its tiny churches, sandy beaches and palm trees.
Enjoy discovering the highlights of Sipan, the largest of the Elaphite islands with the colourful villages of Sudjuradj and Luka Sipanska, rich in culture with a multitude of palaces, churches, forts and ruins. The following day, the ferry will take you across to Mljet and the Mljet Island National Park to visit the lakes and the fascinating 12th century Benedictine monastery.
- Day 1. Arrive Dubrovnik
- Depart UK and arrive Dubrovnik International Airport. Transfer to hotel.
- Day 2. Mount Srd and Cavtat
- Walk to Mount Srd(412m) and visit Napoleon's Fort Imperial. Followed by a walk along Cavtat promenade to the peninsular.
- Day 3. Kolocep Island Walks
- Take the ferry across the Adratic sea to Kolocep Island. Discoverthe dramatic scenery of rocky beaches, high cliffs and colourful reefs. Enjoy taking a stroll through forested areas, along coastal paths and down to the sandy beaches of Gornje Celo and Donje Celo. Return to Dubrovnik by ferry.
- Day 4.Free day
- Today is free to relax and enjoy the historic city of Dubrovnik at leisure. Walk along the city wall and along the cobbled streets.
- Day 5. Lopud Island Walk
- Enjoy walking around this traffic free island with this sandy beaches, palm trees and tiny churches and hike up to Fort Kastio the highest point of the island. Return to Dubrovnik by ferry.
- Day 6. Walks around Sipan Island
- Take the ferry to Sipan arriving at Sujuradj. Head up and out of the village to the highest pint of Sipan Island, Velji Vrh, for fine views over the island and the Peljesac peninsula. Head down to the port of Sipanska Luka and follow the coastal path back to Sujuradj. Along the way see ancient churches and Roman ruins. Return to Dubrovnik by ferry.
- Day 7. Mjlet Island National Park Walks
- Take the ferry across to Mljet Island National Park. Walk through the densly forested area discover the salt water lakes and take a boat trip to St. Mary's Island to the 14th century monastery.
- Day 8. Depart Dubrovnik
- Transfer to Dubrovnik International Airport for your departure flight back to the UK.
FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TRIP DOSSIER
- Trip Grade: B - Moderate
- Duration: 8 days
- Trip Code: TCDW
- Group size: 4 - 16 (max)
- Max altitude: 412m
- Accommodation: Hotel x 7 nights
- Meals: 7 breakfasts included
- Departs: May, June, July, August, September
- Overseas Joining Point: Dubrovnik
- Important: Make sure your chosen holiday is guaranteed to run before you purchase your air tickets and make any other travel arrangements